Trip Delay Insurance
Compensation if the aircraft is delayed beyond 12 hours than the original scheduled departure time.
Trip Delay is when a traveler's departure or return is delayed by an uncontrollable force. For example, a natural calamity at your place of destination could indefinitely delay your trip and leave you stranded at a layover .This situation would be considered trip delay and having coverage for this would provide you with reimbursement for additional meal and hotel expenses incurred due to the delay up to the covered amount listed in the policy documents.
Interruption of trip due :
- Unforeseen disease, illness or injury or death of the Insured/ Insured Person or the traveling companion or the family member of the Insured provided that the disease, illness or injury is so disabling as to reasonably cause a travel delay.
- Termination of employment or layoff affecting the Insured or the travelling companion of the Insured
- Inclement weather conditions causing delay, with due authentication by a letter from the common carrier.
- The place intended to be occupied by the Insured/ Insured Person for purposes of stay during the trip or the destination being made uninhabitable by fire, flood, vandalism, burglary, or other such natural disaster.
- The Insured being abducted or quarantined.
- The Insured or a travelling companion being the victim of a felonious assault within 10 days prior to the departure date.
- Delay by the common carrier.
- Lost or stolen passport, travel documents or money.
- Any loss due to any reason other than the ones mentioned above in the coverage.
- Any exclusion mentioned in the 'General Exclusions' section of the policy terms and conditions.